Part of the reason I've failed to update my blog more recently is that I haven't come across anything particularly witty or "a-ha" worthy to share. I guess life is pleasantly normal right now, with both Chris and I working and operating on pretty much the same schedule. My body is still not adjusted to the school schedule (the argument could be made that it nevere really is), my feet are unhappy in "real" shoes as I expected, and the days are getting gradually cooler and darker. I'm doing abysmally in my fantasy football league, partially due to the fact that I couldn't make it to the live draft and instead just submitted my preranks and had the computer pick for me and partially because I have a lot of players that are underachieving and/or suffering from early injuries. That kind of frustration from the start tends to diminish my enthusiasm for the season overall, though at least the Steelers (AKA a real football team) look good.
As a brief political note, I really like what I see so far in the VP prospect Sarah Palin. I'm not McCain's biggest fan (though certainly more so than Obama, who I trust less the more I find out about him), but Palin makes the ticket worth voting for in my opinion. My personal political leanings notwithstanding, it certainly would be nice to see more balanced media coverage of the candidates. What's more frustrating is that so many people I otherwise respect as intelligent, informed people seem to be unquestioningly buying into some very biased news coverage. But, as Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."
On that note, I'm off to watch the Obama interview on The O'Reilly Factor...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment