Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Retail Therapy"

I had never heard this term before this week, and then I heard it from two different people within a 24-hour period. Coincidentally, I engaged in some thusly-dubbed retail therapy today by going to the Philadelphia Premium Outlets with two of my girlfriends--also teachers who start next week. We all bought items from the Ann Taylor Loft store, Banana Republic, and Bass (for accessories). I have a feeling the real therapy will happen tomorrow when I go through my closet and winnow out the old/don't quite fit anymore/never worn because they no longer strike my fancy items to make room for the new additions. My rule has generally been that I cannot increase the number of hangers in my closet and therefore must free up enough hangers for new items by getting rid of others. This works except for folded clothes like sweaters, whose piles just seem to get bigger every year.

No comments: