Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ironies of Life


For my birthday last month, my one request was for a cake from a bakery near us that makes THE BEST cakes. However, the bakery (apparently a family business) was closed for several weeks in January while the management was away, so no dice. So, I decided then that I would order a cake for myself for Valentine's Day--to be picked up on Feb. 13. Ironically, during the days leading up to V-Day, I began to feel, well, less than physically fit. So, on the same day I picked up the cake, I made an appointment to join a gym and get started with a personal trainer the following Tuesday. The gym, as it so happens, is in the same shopping center as the bakery. Hopefully I will visit the former much more often than the latter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not an O'Henry short story, I'll grant you, but the juxtaposition is notable. This way you can eat your cake and work it off, too :)